Sunday, July 22, 2007

7-22-07 Re-Branding the War

Yesterday's article in the Washington Post concerning a Rand study commissioned by the US military suggests to me that nobody in our government has ever heard of Naomi Klein.

I feel I'm on pretty firm ground to also suggest that nobody in our government has ever heard of Emmanuel Goldstein, either, despite the Rove-Cheney-Rumsfeld propaganda machinery's behavior in paralleling the works of Orwell so closely.

America DID have a "brand identity" before 9-11, but the current administration has completely destroyed it. That anyone in the US military would authorize nearly a half million dollars for a study regarding how our "brand" image might be working in Iraq at THIS point in time leaves me shaking my head in utter disbelief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home