Saturday, August 19, 2006

8-19-06 Artificial Sun

As I posted in an entry here entitled "August 15", the Chinese Superconducting Research facility had announced last month that they planned to undergo their first test of what would, if successful, be the world's first functional fusion reactor.

Ever since August 15th, the date that the article I originally linked to said this was going to happen, I've done a daily search of any news. The most recent news, however, is just the old news, such as this...

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=56003&CFID=6526951&CFTOKEN=95996281

... which sums up the planned event, and a terse description of the dangers.

It's the dangers I'm concerend about. I'm sincerely hoping this upcoming test won't reduce any continental land mass to an uninhabitable wasteland. The further past August 15th we get, the more concerned I get...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home